The user must be signed with a full name and surname, and his data and agency data should be listed on promotional materials, including social networks and the website of the advertisement. Experts advise citizens to pay more detailed checks on whether a real estate is rented and whether those who advertise a lease for it are authorized. Citizens who are injured or suspected of committing a criminal offense should immediately inform the police. Make sure to schedule an appointment now.
As online shopping is becoming more and more popular today, it becomes a” fertile ground “for fraudsters. In the case of the least doubt, before paying for any product or service, citizens should check whether there is a merchant at all. They can do so on online forums that are full of such cases, but also check if the seller is advertised as a legal or physical person.
With a verified seller, adds a sign of a secure online payment at the bottom right corner. If there is no logo, it’s not a safe shopping. If the page is fake, it may be suspected also if the user wants to enter the personal registration information by opening a link on such ads, and after choosing a payment, the page with the initial “http” instead of “https” opens. “We can only protect ourselves by informing about what we buy and from whom we buy.
People are often victims of fraud and because they are convinced that they are not threatened on the Internet. Even 56 percent of them last year were convinced that there is no danger for them in the virtual world, showed last year’s researchon the state of security on the Internet. That’s seven percent more sure than in 2016. It’s even more dangerous to find that 40 percent of respondents do not think about being deceived by anyone on the Internet. You would not reveal personal and financial information to the stranger on the street, so this should not be done on the Internet.
What to pay attention to when shopping online:
1. Money will surely ‘go away’, and goods and services will not arrive – Prevarants advertise products and services that do not exist or are not theirs. They will convince you to pay directly to their account, but the goods will never arrive.
2. As Marketplace: See Goods Before Payment – Find out if the seller is reliable and avoid those with bad ratings. Insist on seeing high value goods before you pay.
3. Make sure the website is trustworthy – Use reputable payment services, such as PayPal, and make sure your website is trustworthy before you leave data or pay.
4. Secure pages with unlocked tab and ‘https’ – Only enter the card data on the pages with ‘https’ at the beginning of the address, not with ‘http’ and with the thumbnail of the unlocked locks next to the address bar.
5. Do not pay on shared or public computers – Do not enter card information on public or shared computers. Always unsubscribe after purchase and save your confirmation email as proof, especially in the first 24 hours.