Recently basement renovations have become an upward trend in Toronto. Finished basement automatically increases the value of your property and providesextra living space and usable square footage. Parties, movie nights, a fireplace, a fitness room or a pool table are just a few benefits you get with a finished basement.
Today installation of basement kitchen is on the top of the list of popular home-improvement projects aiming to create personal areas away from the everyday bustle of the house. As a homeowner, you have a variety of options to include in your new basement kitchen, but without professional approach this project can turn into a serious disaster.Keep in contact with your contractor and make sure you are both on the same page to avoid any miscommunications. Discover here some veryimportantissues and steps that will significantly help to optimize your installation without dong only ordinary kitchen pantry installation.
- Estimate the state of the basement .Your projectruns much easier, if you have already had a finished basement.
- Carefully choose the trustworthy contractor.
- Consider your budget. The estimator can give you plenty of ideas about your kitchen renovation costs.
- Think of proper ventilation, vital for future comfort and safety. Plan your lighting, fixtures, fire exits, flooring with both functional and aesthetic purposes. Consider of appropriate safety precautions: sprinklers, smoke alarms, escape routes.Check if your basement plumbing is installed properly.
- Plan desired size, working space, a counter, a wall cabinet and the best route for connecting appliances, like a dishwasher, fridge or to the basement plumbing.
- Do not cut your costs on durable materials like cambria or granite that will be helpful in maintenance, besides, your basement kitchen area will not get worn down over time.
- Decide what appliances you need most. If you do not have enough room for a full fridge, microwave or oven, you can always have one recessed, installed under the countertops. Installing a bar is a must-have in any basement kitchen, though the choice between a wet or dry bar is entirely up to you and your budget. Many homeowners also prefer to install a wine fridge in renovated finished basements. For a quiet date night or family movie nights, it can be a good idea to add popcorn machine, hot dog steamer, nacho chips warmer, nacho cheese dispenser or a cotton candy machine.