Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is about to release the Official SSC CHSL 2019-20 Recruitment Notification. Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam (CHSL) accepts applications from anybody who has cleared their 10+2 exam. If you are interested in applying for the exam, check the recruitment schedule & apply online.
What is the SSC CHSL Recruitment Schedule 2019-20?
- The Recruitment Notification will be out on 3rd December 2019.
- You will be able to apply online on the official website from 3rd December 2019.
- Last Date to apply for the Recruitment is 10th January 2020.
- The First Stage of the exam will be conducted from 16th to 27th March 2020.
Know All There is To Know About SSC CHSL Notification, including the Salary, Preparation Tips & the official document that SSC releases to hire for 12th pass aspirants.
What is the Selection Process for SSC CHSL Recruitment?
3 Rounds of the selection process have to be cleared by aspirants to be appointed in different departments of the government. Following are the 3 Stages of Recruitment-
- Tier 1 is an Online Exam which is conducted for 1 hour and has a total of 100 MCQ.
- Tier 2 is an Offline Descriptive test which is also conducted for 1 Hour and tests candidates Letter/Essay writing skills.
- Tier 3 is a Typing test conducted for select posts only.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
The examination pattern for the 3 stages of the exam has been mentioned below in detail. The Exam Pattern for Tier 1 is displayed in the table below –
|No. of Questions
- Exam Duration: Total time limit for the exam is 60 minutes.
- Marking Criteria: There is a negative marking of 0.50 in the exam. For each incorrect answer, there is a markdown of 0.50 marks. Every Correct Answer is rewarded with 2 marks.
- No Sectional Division: Questions in the Tier 1 exam will be asked randomly, there is sectional division in the exam.
Exam Pattern for Tier 2
Following is the paper pattern for the Stage 2 exam-
|Tier 2 Sections
|Number of Questions
- Exam Duration: Total time limit for this exam is also 60 minutes.
- Marking Criteria: There is No Negative Marking in a descriptive test.
Tier 3 Exam Pattern
The third and final stage of the CHSL Exam is Typing/Skill Test.
- You will get an option to pick either English or Hindi for this typing test.
- The speed and accuracy will be tested in this stage of the exam.
- This stage is applicable for select positions only.
- Tier 3 is qualifying in nature, the score of the skill/typing test will not be considered in the final selection.
Is the SSC CHSL Exam Difficult?
Staff Selection Commission conducts the Combined Higher Secondary Level exam to recruit for 12th pass fresh and ambitious aspirants. The exam is considered to be Easy to Medium in terms of difficulty.
- The exam’s difficulty level is limited to the high school level (10+2).
- Most topics in the exam have already been covered in detail in school education.
- As this is a very popular exam amongst the youth of the country, the competition level is high.
- Due to the high competition, the cut off is usually high & hence it is important to score high in the exam.
- Practice with Free SSC CHSL Mock Tests to get an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam & difficulty level of the test.