People are always looking for answers about how to stay healthy or how many miles to walk or what is the amount of steps that are necessary to take daily? Fortunately, a fitness tracker is a solution for a majority of people to gain an idea of how many steps they clock daily.
According to the CDC, the recommendation for moderate weekly exercise is for a minimum of 150 minutes. Gaining knowledge about the number of steps taken daily is just not sufficient. You need to have a goal of the number of steps to be taken for fulfilling your individual health goals.
Step activity level
- Less than 5,000 steps daily are regarded to be an inactive lifestyle.
- 10,000 steps are generally a magical number pre-programmed in the fitness wearable device. It is because 10,000 steps are equivalent to roughly 5 miles. This is the distance needed to walk for people struggling with medical issues like heart disease and high blood pressure.
- 2,500+ steps daily is an active number.
The amount of daily steps you intend to walk needs to be based on specific goals. At the start don’t concentrate on the numbers but start to take more steps than you are. It means to increase your movements all day. Invest in a huawei band 4 smart fitness tracker graphite with appealing features like heart rate tracking, message or call notifications, ITF colour screen, and oxygen saturation detection.
How to wear trackers correctly for accurate clocking?
The majority of trackers misinterpret vibrations, which can cause inaccurate step counting. Motions are created when you ride a train, bus, or car, which are misinterpreted as steps. Thus your tracker clocks hundreds of steps when you drive a car for 20 minutes or an hour.
Air pressure also throws off the step counts. Even exiting or entering a tall building has air pressure that differs from the outdoor environment. Rapid weather changes or riding an elevator can also be counted as steps. To keep step count perfect on your fitness tracker, there are some things to consider.
- Read the manual to ensure that the device is nearly accurate. Carefully follow the manufacturer’s instructions, while configuring the device as well as when you use it.
- Wear the device on a non-dominant hand because it is less active.
- Wear the device firmly on your hand because if the band flops on your wrist then the steps counts will be false. A loose fit can avert heart rate sensors or other features from functioning properly.
- Log after and before step counts, especially when you spend more time sitting before a screen or doing some activity that does not need walking. It helps to eliminate the false steps from daily totals.
- You can even remove the tracker when you are not walking to avoid generating fake results or doing activities, which can create false counts [playing guitar or cooking].
For proper fitness level maintenance, adults need to ensure that they exercise for 15 minutes a week. Time spent in performing exercise adds to the daily step count.