Facts of Ayahuasca:
Going to an ayahuasca peru trip, then you must know these facts before starting your journey. The ayahuasca drink has been a spiritual medicine for people living in the Amazon used for thousands of years. Initially native Amazonians use to take it, but now, tourists from all over the world are coming to Peru to have the powers of this mystical drink flow through them.
ayahuasca preparation is a complex procedure, and it is not like you can learn it from the internet and prepare at home. One core element that you can never have is the experience of a shaman (Who prepares it in a traditional ancestral way). Consuming ayahuasca is a powerful healing experience that gives you a new perception of life. You cannot experience its extraordinary effects without a shaman.
People come to Peru with their own purpose or to find one some of the many are like fighting addiction, discovering self, managing aggressiveness or treating diseases, such as cancer.
Ayahuasca brew (or tea) is made from different ancestral medicinal plants that grow only in Peru. The common effects that people have after the intake of drink are
- Vivid hallucinations
- Vomiting (which is most common in first-timers)
- Diarrhea (Possible in some cases)
- Increased heart rate
- A lasting effect of 8-10 hours.
A proper ceremonial ritual is conducted for the healing process to take place to avoid any possible harmful effects. The use of any other drugs is strictly prohibited because it can lead to serious side effects. Therefore, you must inform our professionals if you are on any prescribed medicines.
The ceremony of healing:
The ceremonies usually contain a small group of 5-20 people. The ceremony is conducted at both day and night time, but generally it is referred to have a night ceremony to enhance the effects of brew. No two ayahuasca rituals are the same, each of them has its own importance in itself and depends on several other factors.
The aim of each of the ayahuasca ceremonies conducted is to allow one to have true gifts of Mother Ayahuasca.
There are several typical stages of the ritual:
- The participants are seated in a circular form, a shaman (curandero) is seated in the center to guide the participants through the whole process;
- The tea is then given to each participant;
- The shaman starts the ritual with a special ancestral song (icaros);
- It takes 15-20 minutes to experience the effects of ayahuasca
- tobacco smoke is used to stimulate olfactory senses by a shaman;
- This way participants begin going under the purification procedure.
These are some facts about the magical ayahuasca drink. If you want to learn more about this incredible experience of ayahuasca then you should read more about ayahuasca retreat centers to have crucial information for your journey.